CUPE has a temporary opening for a Research Representative working in the Alberta Region.
We are seeking someone to fill a long-term temporary research representative position. The position is available immediately.
The Research Representative will:
Have responsibility for collective bargaining, social policy and economic policy research for CUPE members in Alberta;
- Prepare CUPE Alberta’s positions on legislation and social policy in a variety of formats for various government bodies and consultation processes;
- Prepare policy statements, articles, and other documents for CUPE officers, staff and CUPE publications;
- Assist servicing staff and members with local and coordinated bargaining, providing relevant comparisons and surveys and advising on specialized aspects such as benefits;
- Use, maintain or develop data-bases to support collective bargaining;
- Prepare and present interest arbitration briefs;
- Assist in preparing bargaining conferences;
- Train CUPE staff and members.
All candidates must have knowledge of, experience in and commitment to the trade union movement, be familiar with issues that unions and workers face, possess excellent oral and written communications skills, and be able to effectively work with people at all levels within the union, government, and other organizations.
Candidates should have extensive knowledge and experience, have a university degree or certification in a related field, or a combination of relevant education and direct work experience. Candidates should be free to travel and able to work weekends, as required.
As part of its commitment to Employment Equity, CUPE encourages applications from qualified members of the five designated groups: women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, racialized groups and LGBTTI (lesbians, gay, bisexual people, transgendered, transsexual and intersex people).
Please submit a letter or e-mail indicating your interest and a resume to Shelly Gordon, Director of Research, Job Evaluation and Health and Safety firstname.lastname@example.org, copy to Selena Lashley, email@example.com by the end of the day Friday June 5. External candidates will be considered only if there are no qualified internal candidates. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.